Thursday 2 August 2012

It came and it went well... and relax

Well, last Sunday saw the pinacle of the stress mountain that was the gallery showing my artwork at the Brooklyn Pottery studio in Stockport.

It was a fabulous afternoon, and loads of friends and family came to see the work I have chosen to display.  I was immensely touched by the number of people who turned out.  Thank you so much, everyone (I hope I didn't mither you all too much).

(I don't know what's going on with the teeth - look like I have a huge gap!)

Also on the day was some live music in the pottery studio downstairs, a lovely buffet spread with the odd bottle of wine and beer (so I am told - I never saw any of it!) out in the newly landscaped/designed garden area (generously provided by the Prince's Trust).

I had a few people asking me questions about the work I am displaying, and I even sold a couple of pieces, which is a huge bonus for me.  I hope that people take some of the contact details I left and get in touch to buy more of the work.

The work will be staying up for a while yet - so get yourself over there and have a look.  They serve great coffee, and you can even paint some pottery while you're there and very reasonable prices, so there are many reasons to look....

I am hopeful that I will be able to do another collection in a few months time - but I need to have a chat with the Brooklyn folks to see if they want me to....  I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime, I am going to be working on some new things, which I'll be writing about soon.

Come back soon...

A

No comments:

Post a Comment